Monday, October 5, 2009

behind shades



____________________________________________________
sashaying down
cement run way
in thought

“what the fck
I’ma do?” brotha holding up the corner:
“hey sis, how you doing?”

“I’m good brotha!”
inside I’m congested&
frustrated

hips swaying
in Fall’s leaves
sporadic sun play. brotha approaches:

“yo, sis I like that
stroll.” “Thank you”
twists in the wind

behind. thoughts
bubbling brook&over
spilling on mines boots

splashing about ankles.
can anybody hear
emitting energy waves

of creative culture?
“go back to your past
go back to your ancestors” sister weave down her back! what?! ain’t yours!


why yall got all
that fake ass shit in yo
head? for the record black folk represent this external!

self-loathers/anti culture/ wanna be Europeans
of similar hue represent one another.
“I am Africa on 5thaveblack”

say’s my compandre.

hippie Bohemian chic on Nostrand
describes her manner. A
full fledge fashionita. group of girls ahead:

and dem scarves?!
conjuring cotton tobacco field
mind sets!

I‘m telling you
slavery is a spirit
alive&kicking 21st

century style.

Sankofa anyone?
go back black!

















No comments: