Thursday, October 8, 2009

conversations and overheard

these words are true/actual encounters, thus I asked myself...
________________________________________________

are some Black folk
self-loathers?

Listen..


"I can't
stand the hair that
grows from my own head!"
"It's NaPpy!"

rejection.


"am I avoiding who I am
just because I don't like my hair?
listen, I like my hair long and straight!, so I buy it!" and what?!

unhappy.

"I'm not ready for No natural!"
besides, my job won't let me!

do other races have to
alter there hair to
get the job?

compromising.

"all that kinky hair ain't
cute. leave that to the slaves! haha!"

severing roots.

"listen, I like to wear

my hair the way I "f''n" want,
if I go bald behind it

then I'll glue the tracks to my scalp
as long as my hair is long and strrrrraight!!!"

"NOT NAPPY! " she looks at me.

I say to myself, "your hair you say? hmm..
it's buried and dead twice."

"..and like.. what's with the skin bleaching?"



No comments: